Fresh Diagnosis

Hi:)

I'm 22 and just received my ASD diagnosis. Even though I've known for a while, it is still a lot to process and i am struggling with this...

I work in finance and am determined to not let this hinder my career.

Is anyone is the same boat?

Any recommendations on how to process this? And how to move forward?

Thank you x

Parents
  • Hi and welcome.
    Yes this is something I can relate to. I was diagnosed a few years ago in my teens, and I'm twenty one now and I am still processing it now. Some days it feels easier and it makes sense, other days I have imposter syndrome, feeling there's been a mistake.

With autism and being diagnosed there's no right or wrong way to feel afterwards and there's no rush either.
    It takes time and you shouldn't feel bad about yourself.

I hope you will feel at home here. I've only just joined and already feel like I belong.

• Hi and welcome.
    Yes this is something I can relate to. I was diagnosed a few years ago in my teens, and I'm twenty one now and I am still processing it now. Some days it feels easier and it makes sense, other days I have imposter syndrome, feeling there's been a mistake.

With autism and being diagnosed there's no right or wrong way to feel afterwards and there's no rush either.
    It takes time and you shouldn't feel bad about yourself.

I hope you will feel at home here. I've only just joined and already feel like I belong.

Children
No Data