Fresh Diagnosis

Hi:)

I'm 22 and just received my ASD diagnosis. Even though I've known for a while, it is still a lot to process and i am struggling with this...

I work in finance and am determined to not let this hinder my career.

Is anyone is the same boat?

Any recommendations on how to process this? And how to move forward?

Thank you x

Parents
  • (Amarantin.... I couldn't have put that better!)

My advice to the opening poster is to take your time, read up on autism, and don't disclose until you feel good and ready.

This was my first read, and it helped a lot. It's written by a young American guy who was diagnosed, I think, at about your age.

"An Adult with an Autism Diagnosis: A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed", by Gillan Drew.  It's a paperback, easily obtained through libraries, bookshops, and as an eBook from Amazon.

Ben

• (Amarantin.... I couldn't have put that better!)

My advice to the opening poster is to take your time, read up on autism, and don't disclose until you feel good and ready.

This was my first read, and it helped a lot. It's written by a young American guy who was diagnosed, I think, at about your age.

"An Adult with an Autism Diagnosis: A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed", by Gillan Drew.  It's a paperback, easily obtained through libraries, bookshops, and as an eBook from Amazon.

Ben

Children
No Data