Advice for Long Distance Relationship ADHD-ASD

Ive been in a relationship with this person and they have autism and adhd. We were really good at first but latley he's been distant. I know that happens especially when theres changes in their enviroment. he has new roles at work and he's been really busy and considering the two hour time difference seeing were in different countries we have been growing apart. It hoenstly hurts considering I have ADHD myself and my RSD is really bad.

Recently they admitted that things have changed, he insists that I have done nothing wrong and they just are in that state where they cant reciprocate the amount of affection I am giving and I understand that. I want to be there for them regardless, I told them I know its hard and they can be distant but I still choose to love them. How I want to but they wont let me.

They replied "Ill let you." but I wanna know what that means; Is it gonna be a one sided situation or will they most likely love me the way they can. Even if its different from mine. I know I could ask them directly but I feel like they wont tell me to avoid hurting me.

• To add, I asked him still, "I need you to explain what you mean before I get my hopes up. because I want to know if you still love or care about me enough that I stay or am I hanging on to someone who doesnt feel that way anymore" 

and they have currently left me on seen.