Autism Support Group

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this? A local Cafe are starting an Autism Support Group for Adults one evening per month which sounded great! However, the poster advertising the group states it is for 'High Functioning' ASD adults only. My son who is 21 would like to attend but is worried about the 'high functioning' definition and fears he may be stopped from joining. The group has been set up to discuss social change and they are to have guest lecturers. It sounds discriminatory to me. What do others member make of this? I'd appreciate your views!     

Parents
  • It sounds interesting. I wish my area offered something like that. Hardly anyone is just going to score 1 throughout the test. I am a mix of Level 1 and 2 so would be inclined to give it a go if it was offered where i live, If your son is like level 3 i can understand the hesistancy.

• It sounds interesting. I wish my area offered something like that. Hardly anyone is just going to score 1 throughout the test. I am a mix of Level 1 and 2 so would be inclined to give it a go if it was offered where i live, If your son is like level 3 i can understand the hesistancy.

Children
No Data