How to support partner - he bangs his head

Hello, I have posted a few entries on here and you have all been so helpful with your advice and suggestions :) 

My partner is desperately trying to find work, preferably remote as he doesn't like being around others. He is becoming more and more frustrated he is not receiving replies from applications and the job centre keep interrogating him as to why he isn't back to work! The other day I found it very distressing as he started banging his head, he has done this before but I find it so distressing - would anyone have advice on what the best support I could do so he stops doing this? I'm worried one day he will hurt himself. I got him to speak to 111 which helped but want to avoid the situation of him banging his head again. 

Parents
  • Stress is terrible, especially financial stress. Maybe try applying for an income support program that the government offers, at least until he finds a job. He might need to forgo having a remote job, if there is a desperate need for a source of income at the moment. Maybe he can tolerate working somewhere for a few months, before switching to something else. I don't know if you're also working to supplement the income, but that may help with the stress he has as well. I think that once his stress is down, he'll stop banging his head. 

I think that data entry jobs can be remote. It might be suitable for your partner to do. 

• Stress is terrible, especially financial stress. Maybe try applying for an income support program that the government offers, at least until he finds a job. He might need to forgo having a remote job, if there is a desperate need for a source of income at the moment. Maybe he can tolerate working somewhere for a few months, before switching to something else. I don't know if you're also working to supplement the income, but that may help with the stress he has as well. I think that once his stress is down, he'll stop banging his head. 

I think that data entry jobs can be remote. It might be suitable for your partner to do. 

Children
  • Hello, really appreciate your advice. Do you know of any specific government support programmes? He's actually awaiting a diagnosis of autism but the GP thinks he does have it. He's looking into data entry jobs but no luck so far with replies on applications sadly