ADHD and autism

Hi, 

I've recently been diagnosed with ADHD and autism after a mental breakdown. My life just feels like the two are constantly 'fighting' each other. I am just wondering how other people are coping if they are in the same situation.

I really struggle with anxiety and depression from a young age I'm now 37

Any advice would be appreciated 

Parents
  • Hi Rick

I am undiagnosed of either as yet but my journey is just beginning in that sense. I have read everything in sight and researched to the point of obsession. I envisage that I will be also diagnosed with both as well as OCD. I totally understand how you feel like they conflict in certain areas with each other. It’s very frustrating to have a special interest in something but not have the capacity to retain the information easily. That’s just one example of course. I try my best to take things in but really rely on lists and diary entries. I think trying to simplify everything helps a little and break things down into small manageable pieces. If I try and overload my brain all the hard work gets undone anyway. 

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful 

All the best for the future 

• Thank you for the advice, as we all know it's a lot to take in initially, but knowing you are not an alien Stuck out tongue winking eye does help. All best to you too 

Reply Children
No Data