This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wanted: autistic children, young people and adults to join research advisory group

I am a PhD researcher developing a toolkit to help parents of autistic children manage their feeding problems.

I am keen to recruit autistic children, young people and adults to an advisory group to help me with the research over the next 4 years.

This is an NIHR sponsored project. It is inclusive and neurodivergent-affirming. I welcome and support the involvement of under 18s, and anyone who uses AAC or has learning/intellectual disabilities.

I am recruiting to two groups:

The first is the patient and public involvement (PPI) advisory group – which advises on the content of some of my research information.

The second is my participatory research group – which will help me analyse and make sense of the research.

After you fill in a form I will be in contact quickly.

Deadline:
  • Both groups started meeting in January 2024 and will be meeting again at the end of February, so please get in touch as soon as you can. However there is no set deadline. We imagine that people will need to drop out over the 4 years so will hold a ‘waiting list’ of people interested even if you are not selected. The links to express an interest will remain open for at least a year.

For more information about the research and taking part, please email the researcher, Zoe Connor, at zconn22@aston.ac.uk.