Manageable jobs for autistic people

I am currently working as an administrator (full time, in person) and am constantly exhausted and overwhelmed. It seems like a job that should be manageable but I am struggling so much and currently on sick leave because of becoming burnt out. I think I need to find a different job because this isn't sustainable for me, but I have no idea what to look for. Does anyone know any jobs that are well suited to autistic adults? 

Parents
  • I have a job where I'm pretty much left to my own devices and this autonomy suits me well. I'm not expected to multi task. I work with fairly understanding and open minded people who have a direct communication style and am able to stay out of "office politics". I value all this over pay but realise I'm one of the lucky ones in this respect. The job has contributed to the burnt out position I'm in. It it's a job most people find difficult anyway but is very rewarding. I would also like to counter the "find a job working on your own" idea - this may suit some people but not me. I need that interaction but it comes from the "customer / client" aspect rather than working directly with colleagues. I've looked before for library jobs - yes this seems an ideal job for a lot of autistic people but they are few and far between - around here anyway. So to anyone reading this I'm saying - I don't think there is an ideal job but consider what your values are as well as your skill set and interest.

• I have a job where I'm pretty much left to my own devices and this autonomy suits me well. I'm not expected to multi task. I work with fairly understanding and open minded people who have a direct communication style and am able to stay out of "office politics". I value all this over pay but realise I'm one of the lucky ones in this respect. The job has contributed to the burnt out position I'm in. It it's a job most people find difficult anyway but is very rewarding. I would also like to counter the "find a job working on your own" idea - this may suit some people but not me. I need that interaction but it comes from the "customer / client" aspect rather than working directly with colleagues. I've looked before for library jobs - yes this seems an ideal job for a lot of autistic people but they are few and far between - around here anyway. So to anyone reading this I'm saying - I don't think there is an ideal job but consider what your values are as well as your skill set and interest.

Children
No Data