Manageable jobs for autistic people

I am currently working as an administrator (full time, in person) and am constantly exhausted and overwhelmed. It seems like a job that should be manageable but I am struggling so much and currently on sick leave because of becoming burnt out. I think I need to find a different job because this isn't sustainable for me, but I have no idea what to look for. Does anyone know any jobs that are well suited to autistic adults? 

Parents
  • Hi Sim! I think a quiet job is best suited for autistic people. A quiet environment is a friendly environment, like working in a library, which I did do after I finished school and I loved every second of it apart from dealing with people.

Working with animals would probably be good too! I find it much easier and more comfortable around animals than I do with people and have often considered a job working with animals, but again, dealing with people would be a challenge and I'm not great at interacting with people. I would love to work with animals, they are so friendly and lovely, and, you don't need to mask can just be yourself.

• Hi Sim! I think a quiet job is best suited for autistic people. A quiet environment is a friendly environment, like working in a library, which I did do after I finished school and I loved every second of it apart from dealing with people.

Working with animals would probably be good too! I find it much easier and more comfortable around animals than I do with people and have often considered a job working with animals, but again, dealing with people would be a challenge and I'm not great at interacting with people. I would love to work with animals, they are so friendly and lovely, and, you don't need to mask can just be yourself.

Children
No Data