Manageable jobs for autistic people

I am currently working as an administrator (full time, in person) and am constantly exhausted and overwhelmed. It seems like a job that should be manageable but I am struggling so much and currently on sick leave because of becoming burnt out. I think I need to find a different job because this isn't sustainable for me, but I have no idea what to look for. Does anyone know any jobs that are well suited to autistic adults? 

Parents
  • I think the best jobs for autistic people that best suit us is something with few people and a quiet environment, like working in a library. My sister (she's also autistic) works in a library.

I work as a cemetery gardener at the local church yard, basically getting weeds out, keeping the grass neat and tidy, and ensuring no damage comes to the gravestones. I love this work! I find cemetery's oddly calming, I guess because it is a calm and quiet environment, and it can be interesting reading the names on the graves and wondering who that person was.

It wouldn't be for everyone but this job is definitely well suited to me. 

Slight smile

• I think the best jobs for autistic people that best suit us is something with few people and a quiet environment, like working in a library. My sister (she's also autistic) works in a library.

I work as a cemetery gardener at the local church yard, basically getting weeds out, keeping the grass neat and tidy, and ensuring no damage comes to the gravestones. I love this work! I find cemetery's oddly calming, I guess because it is a calm and quiet environment, and it can be interesting reading the names on the graves and wondering who that person was.

It wouldn't be for everyone but this job is definitely well suited to me. 

Slight smile

Children
No Data