Manageable jobs for autistic people

I am currently working as an administrator (full time, in person) and am constantly exhausted and overwhelmed. It seems like a job that should be manageable but I am struggling so much and currently on sick leave because of becoming burnt out. I think I need to find a different job because this isn't sustainable for me, but I have no idea what to look for. Does anyone know any jobs that are well suited to autistic adults? 

Parents
  • When I was working the problems I had were with colleagues and bosses.  I also had problems with time pressure.  If I looked for a job now I would look for solitary work where I can work at my own pace.  I know that is hard to come by and probably would require new skills.  There have been a few good suggestions though.

• When I was working the problems I had were with colleagues and bosses.  I also had problems with time pressure.  If I looked for a job now I would look for solitary work where I can work at my own pace.  I know that is hard to come by and probably would require new skills.  There have been a few good suggestions though.

Children
  • Yes I think for me too the social aspect of working is one of the most draining. I notice for other people, usually neurotypicals, the social aspect of work seems to be an enjoyable aspect for them, but for me its a whole extra stressor that makes work even more draining. I'm always jealous of people that work alone, I would love it. I never seem to get lonely!