Manageable jobs for autistic people

I am currently working as an administrator (full time, in person) and am constantly exhausted and overwhelmed. It seems like a job that should be manageable but I am struggling so much and currently on sick leave because of becoming burnt out. I think I need to find a different job because this isn't sustainable for me, but I have no idea what to look for. Does anyone know any jobs that are well suited to autistic adults? 

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi, I don't know if this question is for me or for TSC22, but I personally was diagnosed last June. Regarding burnout, my mental health was slowly getting worse since starting my first proper job last May and recently was so bad, having constant meltdowns, unable to shower or clean my flat, constantly exhausted, anxiety so bad I can't get my words out. I looked up about autistic burnout and it seemed to make sense to me. I went to my GP to get help and she told me "burnout" isn't a medical term so they can't diagnose it, she's just called it "work stress and generalised anxiety" on my sick note, which is annoying