Mental fatigue and life

Hello, 

I’m waiting to be assessed for Autism and I’m trying to understand more about what the difference is between mental exhaustion and physical exhaustion.

Usually if I feel tired or ‘not right’ I’ll have a sugary snack but it’s not made a difference to my energy levels recently.

I’ve been more critical about my appearance, more obsessed with emptying my bowels and eating ‘clean’. The gym has become non-existent. I simply can’t place myself anywhere right now that will make me feel better.

I am also crying a lot and breaking down over guys and thinking I’m ugly and shouldn’t be seen by anyone. 

I feel constantly stressed out of my mind and I wish I could sleep and wake up feeling better but I’m not tired in that way. 

I’m really struggling with this. 

Parents
  • I crave sugary foods when i feel like that and I know it wont make me feel better.  I have Autism and Narcolepsy so its hard for me to know what is causing what but when I feel mentally exhausted I sleep.  I have just woke from an hour long nap (which was my lunch break at work) and i feel much better but know that the clock is ticking and the tiredness will come back within next few hours.  Mental exhaustion is more to do with being overwhelmed by stimuli whereas physical is more muscle related i suppose.  I am crying alot recently and I think it helps me.  Crying is a natural thing so I don't think it should be avoided.  I have been assessed for Autism only in the last few months and got a diagnosis 4 days ago, the assessment is tiring and my second stage was 4.5hours long but I am glad I did it

• Glucose is the brain's preferred source of fuel so it can be VERY helpful for the stressed individual. Have some juice Heart

Reply Children
No Data