Mental fatigue and life

Hello, 

I’m waiting to be assessed for Autism and I’m trying to understand more about what the difference is between mental exhaustion and physical exhaustion.

Usually if I feel tired or ‘not right’ I’ll have a sugary snack but it’s not made a difference to my energy levels recently.

I’ve been more critical about my appearance, more obsessed with emptying my bowels and eating ‘clean’. The gym has become non-existent. I simply can’t place myself anywhere right now that will make me feel better.

I am also crying a lot and breaking down over guys and thinking I’m ugly and shouldn’t be seen by anyone. 

I feel constantly stressed out of my mind and I wish I could sleep and wake up feeling better but I’m not tired in that way. 

I’m really struggling with this. 

Parents
  • I suffer terribly from mental fatigue - particularly when I wake up in the morning, strangely enough!
    It usually takes me an hour or so to get myself up and do stuff.

I find going to the gym late afternoon / early evening helps me feel mentally energised.
    I try to switch off from everything around me and focus of the weight or cardio task. For an hour or more I am not bothered about the outside world or my daily worries.

• i feel more mentally worn and emotional and overthoughtful more towards the end of the day and at night. probs best i should rest and slow down at that time but i work afternoons and only get back at night or in some times at next morning.

• i feel more mentally worn and emotional and overthoughtful more towards the end of the day and at night. probs best i should rest and slow down at that time but i work afternoons and only get back at night or in some times at next morning.

Children
No Data