Where Do You Want Autism Funding To Go?

Here's a video I made about The Autism Investor Summit 

youtu.be/-UbsdA9a71Q

Parents
  • I want autism funding to go to better training for medical professionals, such as doctors and nurses, and the police. All of whom do an amazing and worthwhile job but when it comes to autism they know very little and that can have damaging results, leading to unnecessary sectioning and arrests.

I saw a doctor a few years ago who tried treating my autism thinking it was a mental illness and I was detained under section 2 of the mental health act a few months later. I'm not the only one whose experienced this sadly.

I would love for funding to go to training the professionals so in the end they can offer us better and more helpful support and guidance.

• I want autism funding to go to better training for medical professionals, such as doctors and nurses, and the police. All of whom do an amazing and worthwhile job but when it comes to autism they know very little and that can have damaging results, leading to unnecessary sectioning and arrests.

I saw a doctor a few years ago who tried treating my autism thinking it was a mental illness and I was detained under section 2 of the mental health act a few months later. I'm not the only one whose experienced this sadly.

I would love for funding to go to training the professionals so in the end they can offer us better and more helpful support and guidance.

Children
No Data