Waiting for Autism Assessment

Hey all,

New to the forum. 

Keeping finding myself in a cycle of burnout. The latest cause was a work conference last Friday that kind of tipped me over the edge. 

So I am back to taking a few days to myself to recover and get ready to face the office and the world. My thoughts are running wild and just want a little peace. I hate how I can't control this feeling. In the past I have just quit my job and moved onto the next. 

But I really want to deal with the diagnosis and stop feeling like this on loop. I'm exhausted and when I am on the go I just keep busy with routine to silence out the noise which is also exhausting. 

How do people manage this? Been on waiting list for 7 months not sure a diagnosis will solve this feeling but advice may. 

Thanks 

Parents
  • I’ve been on the sick for the last 6 weeks and I’m not going back for at least 6 more. Work is totally overwhelming for me and causes my autistic burnout. I’m not sure how to move forward as I’m a primary teacher. I might have to consider going part time but I can’t really afford it. I’m hoping my workplace can help me with major adjustments. The changes in my school over recent years have been too much. I’ve had several times in the last 3 years I’ve walked out of work and I never knew what was wrong with me. I worked it out about 2 months ago. I’m nearly 49. I’m trying to put myself first and not worry about work much. I feel that as soon as I go back, I’ll be overwhelmed in days. Maybe you need a more significant amount of time off? 

• I’ve been on the sick for the last 6 weeks and I’m not going back for at least 6 more. Work is totally overwhelming for me and causes my autistic burnout. I’m not sure how to move forward as I’m a primary teacher. I might have to consider going part time but I can’t really afford it. I’m hoping my workplace can help me with major adjustments. The changes in my school over recent years have been too much. I’ve had several times in the last 3 years I’ve walked out of work and I never knew what was wrong with me. I worked it out about 2 months ago. I’m nearly 49. I’m trying to put myself first and not worry about work much. I feel that as soon as I go back, I’ll be overwhelmed in days. Maybe you need a more significant amount of time off? 

Children
No Data