NHS diagnosis, any advice after 4 years wait!

Out of the blue I finally have a NHS  ASD appointment next month after going to my GP in January 2020! The crazy thing is last year my GP refered me to psychiatry-uk through right to choose and I am also on their waiting list, what a waste of effort that was. Initially I was told 2 years so its been double that plus two months.

Has anybody done a NHS assment reciently? Mine is through Surrey and Borders Patnership and it says this is a initial one hour video appointment followed by a two hour appointment a couple of weeks later. I will do the initial one online but am minded to try and do the second face to face because I want them to see eyecontact and body language. I am worried that they will see a 'normal' person if I am not there face to face and try and take off the mask. I desperatly want to be diagnosed.

thanks

Rob

Parents
  • Hi Rob

I noticed that nobody has replied so I thought I would say hi. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about by having online assesments rather than face to face. Please be reassured - these folks are trained to spot us even through our masks and through the lens of our web cams! My assessment was online and I got my diagnosis.

Good luck 

I️nula

• Thanks, I am just worried becuase I can come across as a totally normal person because I have masked all my life to desperatly look normal. I just perfer the face to face appointment because I feel I can be me more than I can when online and I don't like zoom etc as I tend to loose concentration due to my adhd, I get easily distracted.

• Thanks, I am just worried becuase I can come across as a totally normal person because I have masked all my life to desperatly look normal. I just perfer the face to face appointment because I feel I can be me more than I can when online and I don't like zoom etc as I tend to loose concentration due to my adhd, I get easily distracted.

Children
No Data