Got a referral sheet, some questions are confusing. Please help.

Hello,

I got the referral sheet from the GP.

Question 2 states: Did they have any unusual collections including toys which they didn't play with? Did they engage in pretend play?

How am I meant to answer this question, it is asking three different things and wanting one answer?

Thank-you,

Jayde.

• Pretend Play is a ridiculous term in my opinion, I'm surprised it's still being asked. 

Many Autistic children might find toys which do nothing (don't actually work) boring. Or instead of playing with a toy kitchen without working water, they'd rather build/construct or decorate one (Constructive Play). Usually Pretend Play is about play-pretending socially, role play or cooperative play. Many of us tend to enjoy Parallel play, each doing our own thing but together or pretending with our own imagination (I had 2 imaginary friends). 

It looks like the question is asking for a few sentences on how your child plays (you can do a search on 'Different Types of Play') and what your child plays with or collects to look at and not play with. Bullet points are great. 

• Good point! Why not say exactly that in the response too,  it will prove hiw you think and it makes sense x

• tell them you dont understand, and like little owl said, bullet point it. 

example:

- answer one

- answer two

etc.

im sorry you are struggling! i feel you, i have autism too. (duh. im on a forum for autistic people)

• Could you do bullet points for your answers? One bullet point for each question.

I would also make a point of telling them that you struggled with this because I did too. The psychologist I saw told me that it's common for autistic people to struggle with these questions and my "overthinking" was a possibly trait of my autism.