Moving Icons

Does anyone else have a problem with these?

I find I have to stop reading a post if one of the contributers has an icon that moves.

• YES! So annoying! I cover it while the page is active.

• No, but it sounds like the usual limited-attention issue. I never realized so much boils down to that. I was experimenting looking people in the eye, and then I found myself staring at them instead of speaking, mid-conversation. So, if you fix one thing, the "weirdo" nature just moves somewhere else. There's definitely stuff I learn to multitask about, but it's not as dynamic or subjective as reading facial expressions. I'm sure this makes a person sound really incompetent, but people themselves don't understand how sensitive and particular they are about the minutiae of their own social behavior. If you stop talking for an instant to stare at them, that conveys some meaning to them, and certainly something unintended.

I'll experiment with it a bit, but I think will ultimately arrive at my initial conclusion. You should just be the way you are, and if you attempt to compensate for it, you're just moving the same weirdness to a different aspect, and then you're adding folds and wrinkles, and wasting your energy and focus, too. I don't think people look at me and think "WOW. That guy is a total freak." I think they go "Wow, I really don't feel like talking to him", and that's just enough to wind up alone in the gutter.