Light sensitives- how are you coping this winter?

It's either wrap up warm and spend time outside or Wetherspoons. I'm particularly bummed out about libraries. I love libraries but every single one is kitted out with flourescent lights and in the winter even the ones with big windows and natural light have them on all day. My county has an access scheme where if you can't access libraries a volunteer can select books for you and bring them to your house. So I'm going to sign up for this. I still can't access research materials I need to be in the actual library to access, but it might help with the isolation. Apparently they often stick around for a cup of tea and a chat.

It makes me feel like I want to go on holiday somewhere where the libraries have autistic friendly design but I'm not sure if there is a single one that exists yet? The best libraries I ever went to are in Denmark but they still have florescent lights.

Parents
  • I'm spending as much time in the library as possible as it's the only place with decent lighting. My home is so dimly lit it makes me feel sick, even after adding floodlight I bought on Amazon. Pubs are dingy, outside is dark by 4pm. I crave more light.

• I'm spending as much time in the library as possible as it's the only place with decent lighting. My home is so dimly lit it makes me feel sick, even after adding floodlight I bought on Amazon. Pubs are dingy, outside is dark by 4pm. I crave more light.

Children
No Data