Applying for PIP support

Hi Folks, I am an 29 year old male who has Aspergers. I've had PIP in the past, but I was taken off of it in 2019, and due to family circumstances, including a death in the family, I never chased it. I've recived the forms and I'm getting help from CAB to fill them in. I don't have a lot in the way of evidence but I do have a diagnosis, I have IBS and Anxiety/Depression. 

Should I bother and write how it affects me? Because I don't have a ton of evidence. 

Parents
  • I get PIP, but the application was initially turned down.  The mandatory review was a waste of time – they just repeat the same thing.  It went to tribunal where it is judged by doctors and a Judge.  They are not looking to save money and turn you down, it is the only time your case will be fairly judged.

The assessors make a lot of unwarranted assumptions. 

You need to describe how it affects your life in fine detail.  Talk to any friends or family members about what is “different” about you.  If you can get hold of a copy of the form before you apply for one then you can go at your own pace and not be limited to 4 weeks.  It takes a lot of thinking out.

Take someone with you to the assessment.  Some will say ‘you got here on your own so your fine’.

You need a diagnosis before they will consider it, but it is not judged on what you are diagnosed with, but on its effect on life.

If you have a therapist or other professional that will describe what problems are then that helps.  Just prepare yourself for a lot of upset.

I didn’t get the mobility even though I cannot use public transport because that is not on their list.

• I get PIP, but the application was initially turned down.  The mandatory review was a waste of time – they just repeat the same thing.  It went to tribunal where it is judged by doctors and a Judge.  They are not looking to save money and turn you down, it is the only time your case will be fairly judged.

The assessors make a lot of unwarranted assumptions. 

You need to describe how it affects your life in fine detail.  Talk to any friends or family members about what is “different” about you.  If you can get hold of a copy of the form before you apply for one then you can go at your own pace and not be limited to 4 weeks.  It takes a lot of thinking out.

Take someone with you to the assessment.  Some will say ‘you got here on your own so your fine’.

You need a diagnosis before they will consider it, but it is not judged on what you are diagnosed with, but on its effect on life.

If you have a therapist or other professional that will describe what problems are then that helps.  Just prepare yourself for a lot of upset.

I didn’t get the mobility even though I cannot use public transport because that is not on their list.

Children
No Data