Applying for PIP support

Hi Folks, I am an 29 year old male who has Aspergers. I've had PIP in the past, but I was taken off of it in 2019, and due to family circumstances, including a death in the family, I never chased it. I've recived the forms and I'm getting help from CAB to fill them in. I don't have a lot in the way of evidence but I do have a diagnosis, I have IBS and Anxiety/Depression. 

Should I bother and write how it affects me? Because I don't have a ton of evidence. 

Parents
  • Hi Folks, I am an 29 year old male who has Aspergers. I've had PIP in the past, but I was taken off of it in 2019, and due to family circumstances, including a death in the family, I never chased it. I've recived the forms and I'm getting help from CAB to fill them in. I don't have a lot in the way of evidence but I do have a diagnosis, I have IBS and Anxiety/Depression. 

Should I bother and write how it affects me? Because I don't have a ton of evidence. 

So be verbose and I mean be very verbose.

Depressions, suicidal thoughts, serious anxiety, tell them everything.

IBS: you have problems with toilet issues, always have to be near a toilet, can't go anywhere without a toilet, you pooed yourself on more than one occasion.

Autism: you don't understand people, you take everything literally, you are bad with your finances, etc.

You get the point hopefully.  Every little iota of problem in your life you put on paper.  This form isn't what you can do, it's what you can't do and don't be afriad to say you never leave the house because of all your problems.  They will throw you off it for the most minor thing and make you jump through hoops to get it.  You have to play the game.

Don't ever mention you go out or walk anywhere, because that seems to equal there is nothing wrong with you.  Never mention you can communicate with others, for the same reason.  Basically you are the most disabled person ever on paper and on the interview.

Oh and expect to appeal the decision and tribunal it, because that is there way.

• Hi Folks, I am an 29 year old male who has Aspergers. I've had PIP in the past, but I was taken off of it in 2019, and due to family circumstances, including a death in the family, I never chased it. I've recived the forms and I'm getting help from CAB to fill them in. I don't have a lot in the way of evidence but I do have a diagnosis, I have IBS and Anxiety/Depression. 

So be verbose and I mean be very verbose.

Depressions, suicidal thoughts, serious anxiety, tell them everything.

IBS: you have problems with toilet issues, always have to be near a toilet, can't go anywhere without a toilet, you pooed yourself on more than one occasion.

Autism: you don't understand people, you take everything literally, you are bad with your finances, etc.

You get the point hopefully.  Every little iota of problem in your life you put on paper.  This form isn't what you can do, it's what you can't do and don't be afriad to say you never leave the house because of all your problems.  They will throw you off it for the most minor thing and make you jump through hoops to get it.  You have to play the game.

Don't ever mention you go out or walk anywhere, because that seems to equal there is nothing wrong with you.  Never mention you can communicate with others, for the same reason.  Basically you are the most disabled person ever on paper and on the interview.

Oh and expect to appeal the decision and tribunal it, because that is there way.

Children
No Data