Applying for PIP support

Hi Folks, I am an 29 year old male who has Aspergers. I've had PIP in the past, but I was taken off of it in 2019, and due to family circumstances, including a death in the family, I never chased it. I've recived the forms and I'm getting help from CAB to fill them in. I don't have a lot in the way of evidence but I do have a diagnosis, I have IBS and Anxiety/Depression. 

Should I bother and write how it affects me? Because I don't have a ton of evidence. 

Parents
  • I am following this thread because I am in the process as well (25 year old male).

I have anxiety and depression, but a GP has not diagnosed me. Does anyone know how they diagnose you with mental health issues?

What does CAB stand for?

From what I have read online, you can send evidence to them after you send the form.

• I am following this thread because I am in the process as well (25 year old male).

I have anxiety and depression, but a GP has not diagnosed me. Does anyone know how they diagnose you with mental health issues?

What does CAB stand for?

From what I have read online, you can send evidence to them after you send the form.

Children
  • Without a diagnosis PIP will not take you seriously. I get it for my physical disability and they ignored all I said in the form about my anxiety, even though I had a GP diagnosis of it. I would advise you try and get at least a diagnosis from your GP if you can manage to get an appointment! Treatment too if possible, though PIP will try the line that treatment might help you enough that you don't have long term problems, but my assessor made a big point of saying I was not having treatment for mine.

I'm hoping they will not ignore those aspects this time round as I now have my autism diagnosis and have been seeing a counsellor for months now, privately.

• 'CAB' is Citizen's Advice Bureau - took me a second as well!