We have a Problem Here Folks. AI imitating humans here in this place.

Perhaps I am naive.

Perhaps we can have a new "rule" making evident forms of non-human AI here as an offence.

I don't like what I see.  Or perhaps the Genie is well and truly loose, for all of us, everywhere....unless in person, face to face?

I like face to face, one on one.  Clear unavoidable transparency of reality. 

Parents
  • Bot accounts are such a familiar complaint in the online world now. As technology continues to advance the bots are becoming more of a problem.

Usually if an account online is a bot they will: 

• Only write short sentences.
    • Post just once or twice then never return.
    • Post links.
    • Stick to one subject and be unable to talk about something else.
    • Reply quicker than a human generally could. 
    • Not fill out their profile bio.
    • When asked for more details about themselves be unable to answer
    • Usually writes without separating their text.

All of the above is generally a red flag. Although I'm still not sure about fast replies as some people are just fast at replying. My WPM is v fast.

Forum puppets are a more common occurrence these days all across the internet. Usually it's trolls trying to discuss something that easily gets heated, baiting people in. Though not always... Like with bots though I just ignore them.

• I don't think I've filled out a profile bio.

There are lots of people who can only speak about one or two things.

Bot's and general trolling do annoy me though, sometimes you can tell if someone/thing is a bot by using key words, usually political and see if they bite, often you only need a one word post.

• Yeah, I've been cautious about sharing too much identifying information for a multitude of reasons. 

Mainly cos I used to be on Twitter and over shared to the point it caused problems. 

• That's wonderful. You deserve that. 

Reply Children
No Data