Moving in to my own home!

Hiya 

my support worker is pushing for me to have my own accommodation! Can you give me a check list of what I’ll need? I think I have the basics: bed frame, mattress, chest of drawers, coffee table, sofa and a tv unit for my tv. I’ve been taking screenshots of things i like but I can’t think of what else I’ll need.

im really excited about this and I’ll finally have a place to make mine and call my own 

Parents
  • Congrats, I hope it's everything you want! 

Of the top of my head do you have:

Cutlery?

Cleaning supplies like duster, mop and bucket, hoover? All boring but necessary for a clean healthy living environment.

Fire extinguisher?

Carbon monoxide detector? If it's rented it might already have this but definitely worth getting one if not.

Curtains? When I first moved in to my own flat I didn't have any curtains I was completely exposed which I hated caused me such a panic attack. I ended up hanging my dresses in the windows lol.

I hope some of this helps.

Enjoy your new place and best of luck for a bright future Blush

• It’s a little while yet I have to bid on things for the property it’s council but I don’t know what happens when you get selected. My ex has my hoover but he lives with his dad and I get on well with his dad still so I’ll be able to grab that I will need cutlery and the other bits I forgot about those haha. With it being council hopefully it will have the right fire protection but I will definitely keep it in mind thank you! 

• It’s a little while yet I have to bid on things for the property it’s council but I don’t know what happens when you get selected. My ex has my hoover but he lives with his dad and I get on well with his dad still so I’ll be able to grab that I will need cutlery and the other bits I forgot about those haha. With it being council hopefully it will have the right fire protection but I will definitely keep it in mind thank you! 

Children
  • Something to look forward to though! Your bound to be a little anxious to but I can sense your excitement and I'm so happy for you!!! Hopefully this will be the start of a wonderful new chapter in your life.