Mental illness is still massively misunderstood

There is still almost no science behind it and the majority of pscyhiatrists and nurses, GPs too, routinely misdiagnose people.

A lot of people who are considered mentally ill actually have progressive diseases. 

Where are the scientific tests? People visit a psychiatrist and they do not have their brain scanned.

Surely we should be developing psychiatry into a more robust, technically precise science in the same way we progressed physical healthcare from prescribing herbs to the array of devices used today.

Parents
  • With mental health there's often a lot of misunderstanding and misdiagnosis occuring. A few years ago my autism and meltdowns were mistaken by the mental health team I was involved with as mental illness. I had to leave their services in the end as they were pressuring me to take medication and go in to hospital for my own safety.

• With mental health there's often a lot of misunderstanding and misdiagnosis occuring. A few years ago my autism and meltdowns were mistaken by the mental health team I was involved with as mental illness. I had to leave their services in the end as they were pressuring me to take medication and go in to hospital for my own safety.

Children
No Data