Older parents

The article linked below suggests that the children of older parents may be more likely to be autistic. It caught my eye because my dad was almost 50 when I was born and his own father was a similar age when my dad was born.

I’ve always assumed that it just took them longer to have families because they too were autistic (my dad certainly was) but the article suggests that older parents accumulate more mutations which they pass to their children. 

Were your parents older when they had you?

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/link-parental-age-autism-explained/ 

Parents
  • It's an interesting article, so thank you for sharing the link.

My parents were both young when they had me. My mother was 19, and my dad was 24. There's a strong suspicion that I inherited my ASD from my mother and that it can be traced back to her mother (my maternal grandmother).

Like my mother, I was 19 when I had my son (undiagnosed, but has ASD traits).

• It's an interesting article, so thank you for sharing the link.

My parents were both young when they had me. My mother was 19, and my dad was 24. There's a strong suspicion that I inherited my ASD from my mother and that it can be traced back to her mother (my maternal grandmother).

Like my mother, I was 19 when I had my son (undiagnosed, but has ASD traits).

Children
No Data