help!! need advice looking for an advocate or whatever the correct terminology is?

Hi so firstly i just want to say i struggle to explain things and word stuff but ill try my best :) 

(i can describe so many things well, but when it comes to myself i become paralysed lol)

anyways so i dont have any support at home and i was wondering if theres such a service or person who can help me for example communicating with my GP, we can plan notes on what to tell my GP or my uni or whoever… basically someone to help me get across what i want. Someone who has my best interest in mind like for example chase up to see if my GP referred me, help me by writing emails providing email templates, i need someone who is honest and truly wants to help etc.. and stuff . Whenever i explain this to someone they give me a one-off solution like oh go on this website … but i need a continuous interwction with one person so they can understand me. I think it’s called an ‘advocate’ but I’ve had experiences with advocates who unfortunately have not been good. I mean once my GP referred me to an advocacy service for people with addictions and substance abuse… i didnt know that until i opened the website but i literally had no idea and i have no history of addiction:  Like i just need someone to give me all the information in one place and go through it step by step. Sometimes i dont know how to communicate what I need… so i cant get what i need but deep inside i know what it is that i need… it would be good if someone can work with me to understand that. Also i dont understand my rights that much (ive just recently learned about reasonable adjustments) i need someone who knows everything honestly this will help me so much… i am willing to pay for someone to advocate for me and be in my best interest and suggest things i didnt know i can ask for. Someone who is experienced working with people with disabilities (or is maybe ND themselves) because thats always good when someone is experienced in that so they can understand my needs better as some people wont understand. 

unfortunately not everyome has family or friends to support them as most of my previous ‘counsellers’ said’ couldn’t you get someone to help you’ but i genuinely have nobody… im not comfortable going into more details about that. I have faced countless issues where I realise something exists that could help me but i only realised years ago when its too late or the mental damage has alreasy been done. Worse than that, i have faced countless cases of blatant discrimination and abuse which i didnt realise was actually unacceptable in the moment so i couldnt stand up for myself as i just thought that there are no ground for me to defend myself. 

honestly im willing to pay for this if its not something publicly available or if my needs are ‘too complex’ as CAMHS categorised me. I just wanted to know if this exists. 

anyways if you got there thank you so much for reading Heart️ (or maybe you just scrolled to see how long this is… i do that as well! Joy)

Parents
  • There is an advocacy service in the County I live in. My only experience is at work. I once spoke to someone who was supporting me of our customers. You could try Googling where you live and advocacy.

• There is an advocacy service in the County I live in. My only experience is at work. I once spoke to someone who was supporting me of our customers. You could try Googling where you live and advocacy.

Children
No Data