What do you work as?

Hey everyone,

I'm currently exploring various job opportunities and considering a career in labour, particularly as an electrician. I'm fascinated by the idea of working with my hands and finding a sense of accomplishment in a tangible result. However, I'm curious to know about your experiences. What do you do for work, and how did you find your way into your current profession?

If anyone here works as an electrician or in a similar field, I would love to hear about your journey. What drew you to this line of work, and how do you find it suits your strengths and preferences as an autistic individual?

Feel free to share any advice, challenges you've faced, or even just what a typical day looks like. Let's build a supportive space where we can learn from each other and offer guidance to those who might be considering similar career paths.

Parents
  • Started my working life as a teacher (11-16 yr olds) which I did for 20+ years until the final burnout (undiagnosed Autism at the time).

Now I work for a delivery company. I pootle about delivering things in a van, while listening to podcasts / music.

I am fortunate that the earnings from the first career, and good financial decision making, allows me to take a much lower salary.

• Started my working life as a teacher (11-16 yr olds) which I did for 20+ years until the final burnout (undiagnosed Autism at the time).

Now I work for a delivery company. I pootle about delivering things in a van, while listening to podcasts / music.

I am fortunate that the earnings from the first career, and good financial decision making, allows me to take a much lower salary.

Children
No Data