What do you work as?

Hey everyone,

I'm currently exploring various job opportunities and considering a career in labour, particularly as an electrician. I'm fascinated by the idea of working with my hands and finding a sense of accomplishment in a tangible result. However, I'm curious to know about your experiences. What do you do for work, and how did you find your way into your current profession?

If anyone here works as an electrician or in a similar field, I would love to hear about your journey. What drew you to this line of work, and how do you find it suits your strengths and preferences as an autistic individual?

Feel free to share any advice, challenges you've faced, or even just what a typical day looks like. Let's build a supportive space where we can learn from each other and offer guidance to those who might be considering similar career paths.

Parents
  • I’m a university student studying MPharm. When i graduate I will be training to become a registered pharmacist hopefully. What drew me is that I really like medicines and ever since I was young I enjoyed reading ingredients lists and just reading everything. The good thing about my field is that , it is flexible in terms of when and where I work. I can work part time, full time or locum :) Also, there are some options for online work. I just like the flexibility it offers combined with my scientific personality. 

i really like that you enjoy working with your hands and seeing the end result can be indeed rewarding. I’m so happy it’s something you enjoy Slight smile

• I’m a university student studying MPharm. When i graduate I will be training to become a registered pharmacist hopefully. What drew me is that I really like medicines and ever since I was young I enjoyed reading ingredients lists and just reading everything. The good thing about my field is that , it is flexible in terms of when and where I work. I can work part time, full time or locum :) Also, there are some options for online work. I just like the flexibility it offers combined with my scientific personality. 

i really like that you enjoy working with your hands and seeing the end result can be indeed rewarding. I’m so happy it’s something you enjoy Slight smile

Children
  • I could never do anything like that, I am a lot better at doing tasks with my hands rather than thinking about stuff. I am intelligent but get overwhelmed when thinking a lot about tasks.