Private adult ASD assessments

Hi, does anyone have experience of private assessments for adult ASD?

Being in my late sixties I think my chances of an NHS diagnosis before it is too late to matter are minuscule.

I have seen an ad for SEIK who can offer a reasonably quick and affordable assessment, but I don’t know how legitimate these services are?

Any opinions

Barry

Parents
  • All of this needs to be a campaign priority for all autism groups in relation to better services for autistic adults, including post diagnosis - legislative changes are clearly required, both in terms of the rights and entitlements of autistic people to appropriate supports and better quality treatment, whether public or private, as well as the legal, ethical and moral obligations placed on both public and private groups - having to go through hoops like GP referral is both needless and unacceptable and these need to be challenged in the courts under existing law - an immediate and comprehensive review of all existing legislation needs to be undertaken as part of wider investigations - as many adults are being diagnosed later in life, the lack of sufficient high quality support for autistic adults is both totally unacceptable and inexcusable and in later years, this is going to result in serious consequences 

• All of this needs to be a campaign priority for all autism groups in relation to better services for autistic adults, including post diagnosis - legislative changes are clearly required, both in terms of the rights and entitlements of autistic people to appropriate supports and better quality treatment, whether public or private, as well as the legal, ethical and moral obligations placed on both public and private groups - having to go through hoops like GP referral is both needless and unacceptable and these need to be challenged in the courts under existing law - an immediate and comprehensive review of all existing legislation needs to be undertaken as part of wider investigations - as many adults are being diagnosed later in life, the lack of sufficient high quality support for autistic adults is both totally unacceptable and inexcusable and in later years, this is going to result in serious consequences 

Children
No Data