Hair styles

I have long hair, thinking of cutting it into a bob style. 

What do people think of bob styled hair? in comparison to long hair. 

• a bob is the best. Had one for years. easy to maintain and one can still twirl one's hair! I love my bob cut.

• I like bob styles and i love short hair. Why do so many women have long hair?

• That's what I like most about this style - the simplicity, easy to manage. I'm hyper sensitive to touch and touching my hair is difficult for me and having less makes this better as well.

• I had long hair for the last few years. Well, actually my whole life. I'm 27 now and finally went bob last month lol. It was the best thing I ever did. I finally like myself and have been feeling more confident. I say if you're feeling a particular style then go for it. If you don't like it you can always change it back later when it grows out again.

• I’ve had my hair that length - it’s easy to manage. I feel I’ve now found the perfect length for me - slightly longer than a bob style - but not really long. Mid length- just resting on my shoulders. It gives me the comfort of a bit of ‘coverage’but it also requires very little maintenance. Also in the winter it’s warmer than a bob because it keeps my neck warm :) 

• Some people rock grey hair. Mine is brown but there's white if you look close enough, the effects of stress unfortunately. I suspect by the end of my 30s it will be white completely.

• I have too much hair.

Having straight fine blonde hair I've always wanted hair like yours, especially the colour.

It's wonderful Heart eyes

• We're never satisfied Pegg!

In winter, I often buy new beanies as they don't last too long. Then, in summer,  there are the fishing style hats. Meanwhile, at home in a box lies something more expensive from M&S lest I need to dress-up a bit......linen suit job... (but I usually manage to dodge those occasions).

He of many hats...Ben

• A bit of a surprise though maybe, if you hadn't seen it for a while. 

Yes, it was a surprise Flushed 

Grey can look very distinguished Allyboo, imo.

Perhaps I can make more use / benefit of that in time, than I have so far Slight smile

• I've never got into hats so far but am open to it potentially I think Thumbsup With head shave i found i was ok hatless in summer so long as I used plenty of sun protection cream etc. When I had thick brown hair previous to that I found I didn't get sunburnt on top and didn't wear hats. Now that I've grown my hair again I find it can burn on top as is thinner these days and I don't want suncream etc mixed with my hair (up there) so have started wearing caps Man with gua pi mao  Perhaps my exploration into the world of headwear has only just begun (and will continue) Innocent NerdCrownWomans hatTophatMortar boardHelmet with crossCowboyThumbsup

• Yes, it's gradually thinning+receding but I appreciate it more these days, while it lasts Thumbsup At least I'm prepared+used to having total head shave which might come in useful again in my future Upside down

• Grey can look very distinguished Allyboo, imo.

A bit of a surprise though maybe, if you hadn't seen it for a while. 

I expect to get white, rather than grey, but we'll see! Upside down

• I bet you've got a good hat collection though Ben! 

I have many hats for outside, but, they don't fit well over my hair, which sort of bounces them loose! 

I have too much hair... Neutral face

• a decade later it was/is all grey

At least you've still got some, Allyboo, hold on to it.

Bald Ben

• I fancied having my hair shaved off for many years e.g. at school in 1980s but it was forbidden there.  I went for it around 2010 and had complete grade zero smooth head shave. My hair was brown in 2010 and when I returned to growing my hair again (medium length kinda style) a decade later it was/is all grey Upside down

• The police said they might not have noticed me had I not had such long hair blowing in the wind.

A story to be proud of.

The only time a policeman stopped me when I was riding a moped was when I was going the wrong way down a one way street.

I was quite offended because he clearly thought I'd done it knowingly.

I wanted to say, no, I'm not deliberately breaking the law - I am actually that stupid!

• Yes Pegg, it's easier in one way, but it is cold... very cold, I have to wear a beanie in the winter ... even in bed.   I also need to cover it in the summer to prevent sunstroke. So always something to worry about.

Behatted Ben

• Hippy Debbie, I was never a biker; however, I was once in a spot of bother for riding pillion without a helmet, just a few months after they had changed the law, so I was a bit of a hero in some circles. The police said they might not have noticed me had I not had such long hair blowing in the wind.

Biker Ben

• I did once have long hair, but it was many years ago.

Hippy or biker?