I don't like the UK

I don't hate it but I don't like it either. I think this country is boring and pathetic. There is virtually nothing interesting to do in this country and people vote in poliiticians who make our lives wors.e

Parents
  • It's not the best country in the world but it isn't the worst either. We have the NHS, which has its problems but during a life threatening emergency we can use it without having to pay at the time.

The biggest problem this country has is the clowns running it! 

• during a life threatening emergency the nhs wont save you in time or good enough.... life threatening you need to go private. im actually terrified of needing the nhs now because i know how incompetent they are and even a basic thing that shouldnt kill you, like a hernia... on the nhs it will most likely kill you...

• I've had no problems with them but that's just my own experience. I think it's a bit of a lottery, some people are helped but some aren't. I read in the news about the ambulance wait times, that needs to be improved upon. In this day and age people shouldn't be having to wait hours for an ambulance. 

The clowns in charge have really railed this country with their spending cuts, and public services we all use like the NHS, transport infrastructure and many others (dental services, care homes, the BBC) were slowly but surely eroded to the point where they ceased functioning effectively. Whereas rents, utilities, food - everything else has inflated considerably except people's incomes. When I was at school I was told to work hard so I could get a good job when I leave. I worked hard, came out with great grades and found there was no job...

It's the 21st century... Our country should be better than this.

• There is too much emphasis on talking about "being led by" and not enough talk of "well does this seen right/reasonable to me."  If the latter was in order, then the former would simply be occasional "gum on your shoe."  I lament for the soul of man, not it's leaders.

•  It was about 2006-2008 that I started feeling deeply uneasy and very alone because others were not looking and saying "errrr, no !" to the direction of our human affairs.

1982 for me. Then 1986. Then from 2003 pretty much onwards, after I stopped doing the mental gymnastics required to convince myself that we were lead by anything other than Evil Clowns..

• You were an earlier adopter of the WTAF scepticism of how things were being "allowed" to mutate into something that I find unfathomable and fundamentally worrisome.  It was about 2006-2008 that I started feeling deeply uneasy and very alone because others were not looking and saying "errrr, no !" to the direction of our human affairs.  I don't mean "important" and "lofty" powers-that-be, I'm talking about us little people here.....the electorate, the masses, the diverse, the "ones," my neighbours, my friends, my fellow humans who I actually know.

I still find it hard to believe how easily we have descended into a conceivably existential threat to our "everyday" lives by believing that money grows on trees and that we are all somehow owed something by someone or something all the time, no matter what.  That is not my understanding about how things ACTUALLY work - nor indeed how they SHOULD work.

Just my opinion.

• You were an earlier adopter of the WTAF scepticism of how things were being "allowed" to mutate into something that I find unfathomable and fundamentally worrisome.  It was about 2006-2008 that I started feeling deeply uneasy and very alone because others were not looking and saying "errrr, no !" to the direction of our human affairs.  I don't mean "important" and "lofty" powers-that-be, I'm talking about us little people here.....the electorate, the masses, the diverse, the "ones," my neighbours, my friends, my fellow humans who I actually know.

I still find it hard to believe how easily we have descended into a conceivably existential threat to our "everyday" lives by believing that money grows on trees and that we are all somehow owed something by someone or something all the time, no matter what.  That is not my understanding about how things ACTUALLY work - nor indeed how they SHOULD work.

Just my opinion.

Children
  • There is too much emphasis on talking about "being led by" and not enough talk of "well does this seen right/reasonable to me."  If the latter was in order, then the former would simply be occasional "gum on your shoe."  I lament for the soul of man, not it's leaders.

•  It was about 2006-2008 that I started feeling deeply uneasy and very alone because others were not looking and saying "errrr, no !" to the direction of our human affairs.

1982 for me. Then 1986. Then from 2003 pretty much onwards, after I stopped doing the mental gymnastics required to convince myself that we were lead by anything other than Evil Clowns..