I don't like the UK

I don't hate it but I don't like it either. I think this country is boring and pathetic. There is virtually nothing interesting to do in this country and people vote in poliiticians who make our lives wors.e

Parents
  • The few really decent politicians get hounded out by the ones who are into shady things as the decent ones that uphold good standards make the others stand out and they don't like it.  

People blame the party in power at the time for decisions they don't like but has anyone blamed the opposition parties for letting the party in power get away with things? Is all party parliaments that we have in the UK so it is the collective vote, so one can't blame the party in power as all party politicians played their parts in these votes! People forget that a single party in power is outnumbered by at least 2 or 3 to 1 by their competition parties, and also that the MP's voting in the party in power don't all agree so not all vote for the thing being proposed. 

Much of the big problem in politics today is the parties are owned by big companies, which influence the things being pushed forward to be voted for. The big companies who own the shares in all major political parties also own the press, so they brainwash the people to get the politiccians or parties they want into power. Before the EU became involved when Blair sold us out,, no political party was on the stock market, so no big shareholding company had any direct sway on the political direction we took.  

We are recently facing one of the most dangerous situations wd have ever faced. Our last steelworks which is massive, and in Port Talbot in Wales, is closing and it is our ONLY means to independently produce steel if we had a war.

• People forget that a single party in power is outnumbered by at least 2 or 3 to 1 by their competition parties

No, that's not true. The party of government must have an overall majority. This means that they outnumber the other parties put together. Out of 650 seats, they must have 326 as a minimum to form a government, in simple terms.

also that the MP's voting in the party in power don't all agree so not all vote for the thing being proposed

MPs are directed on how to vote in Parliament by the Party Whips. Generally MPs do as they're told, not always. 

Be under no illusion, the governing party holds the responsibility for its decisions, it's implausible to blame opposition parties for not stopping them. The present government was elected with a huge majority, we basically gave them license to do as they wished, which they're now doing, with as little scrutiny as they can manage. 

Sadly we're so disengaged with politics in the UK that we'll probably re-elect them. People seem to believe that politics doesn't affect them, it's just a boring abstract concept...

And yet it affects the lives of each and every one of us. 

• The present government was elected with a huge majority

It's what happens when "personality" of politicians gets in the way of values and principles.

Reply Children