I don't like the UK

I don't hate it but I don't like it either. I think this country is boring and pathetic. There is virtually nothing interesting to do in this country and people vote in poliiticians who make our lives wors.e

Parents
  • Just my opinion, and i respect everyone elses right to have their own (im not saying anyone is wrong, or needs to change). 

I actually really love living in the uk. Little things which im sure are also happening all over the world make me feel good about the uk. There was a kid on the news about maybe 10, who was moved by the cost of living crisis. So he gave all his pocket money for months to a charity to buy disadvantaged children christmas presents. 

This moved me to do the same. My family do secret santa at a cost of £50. You choose a few things you would like and then someone picks what to get you on your list. I had my £50 donated to a childrens charity. 

I think living in such a diverse country brings out the best in most people. I have some friends that live in Leicester. There is a large Indian community where they live and they are the only white people in their street. When i visited them i was astounded by the feeling of community. Everyone was friendly. Their neighbours knocked on the door and gave them a huge dish of food they had cooked, as it was Diwali, and everyone was celebrating. It was fantastic. 

A while ago i reversed into a guys truck. The truck was brand new. I couldnt see a mark, i only hit it at about 2 miles an hour. I was having a really bad time of it around then and seeing various mental health professionals. I apologised and got out my phone to swap details. The guy looked and said 'no damage mate. Dont worry'. I said i would prefer him to take my number incase something came to light later. I had reversed into a parked vehicle, so i was 100% at fault. He looked at me and i will remember this until i die. He said 'Mate. You look like you are having a 'mare at the moment. Honestly mate. Dont stress over it. You are golden'. 

I nearly cried at that. Shook his hand and thanked his kindness. 

There is so much to complain about in this country. If you look. There is so much to celebrate as well. Little things make a big difference. I

Hope that didnt sound preachy. Not what i intended. Im just trying to see positives rather than negatives at the moment. 

• Wonderful post, I wish I coudl give you more than one vote.

Reply Children