My housing solution

Clearly the UK needs a lot more housing as the prices are unaffordable for most people. I would build lots of high rise apartments but with an aim of making them a lot more liveable than ones that were built in the past.

I would have them have landscaped gardens and almost zero tolerance for vandalism or urinating in the elevators. 

They could have triple glazing installed, solar panels on the roof, something on the roof collecting rainwater to use for water.

I would have them painted a cheerful colour, no gray. Maybe a nice pattern. 

The design would be practical but not ugly. Not just a tall box like some of them are. Some attractive features like how Victorian buildings had, little features to "dress up" the building, so to speak.

Realistically I think soon we are going to see lots of new housing estates of identical houses with tiny gardens spiralling out in ugly out of nowhere suburbia.

Parents
  • I want to live on a plot of land in the countryside, a couple of houses, one for my parents, one for me and my husband.

Live off the land, have some chickens, be away from the busy city...

Would be wonderful.

• I want to live on a plot of land in the countryside, a couple of houses, one for my parents, one for me and my husband.

Live off the land, have some chickens, be away from the busy city...

Would be wonderful.

Children