Felt heart broken today

Hi today I saw a beautiful bully xl puppy today called Rosie the poor baby was wearing a muzzle she was only 4 months old. I understand her owner who was genuine has to follow government guidelines but it was upsetting seeing this beautiful puppy who was trying to lick my face off wearing a muzzle. Not sure what everyone else thinks.

Parents
  • It's really not a huge deal. My dog wears a muzzle for different reasons (he struggles with self control and people are animals who throw their chicken bones on the pavement) and if he sees it as a terrible cruelty to have it on, he doesn't show it. So the negative side isn't big. 

And on the other side, countless people and other dogs are saved being killed or maimed. It's a fact that serious dog attacks have increased dramatically in the last few years and it's also a fact that bullies have been responsible for a huge percentage of those, especially when you consider how few of them there are. My dog got beaten up by another dog who was thankfully wearing a muzzle (so he was limited to punching him, and he was still hurt by that); if that dog wasn't muzzled he wouldn't have survived. 

• I do understand to a point as a dog owner myself but to see an innocent puppy with a muzzle on was horrible. My dog she a 12 year old Dalmatian who is deaf she was born deaf had a horrific start in life almost got put to sleep luckily was saved and I adopted her. Beautiful dog loves everyone no aggression whatsoever. But used to try to bite people when startled I trained her out of it and I believe that with pit bulls and bully XLs the same can be done. 

• I do understand to a point as a dog owner myself but to see an innocent puppy with a muzzle on was horrible. My dog she a 12 year old Dalmatian who is deaf she was born deaf had a horrific start in life almost got put to sleep luckily was saved and I adopted her. Beautiful dog loves everyone no aggression whatsoever. But used to try to bite people when startled I trained her out of it and I believe that with pit bulls and bully XLs the same can be done. 

Children
  • It can, but unfortunately they're so powerful it's just too much of a risk. And the people who are the least likely to train them out of aggressive behaviour are also the most likely to be drawn to big and threatening breeds. 

In an ideal world you could filter out the bad owners and keep them in the hands of people who'd raise them well, but that's not really doable. Muzzling and neutering is just the least bad option.