Light sensitivity - car headlights

This winter I've noticed a significant change in car headlights, many seem to be a different type of light which is much more dazzling than I've noticed in previous years. I am interested to understand where to go to follow-up, ideally I would want to find an organisation that understands the issues and can advocate/discuss the issue with car manufacturers or regulators. If anyone can recommend where to find relevant organisation/service I would be most grateful as my research skills are extremely limited.

Parents
  • This is a growing problem and I do everything I can to avoid driving in the dark these days. It can make it hard to go anywhere during the winter months when the days are so much shorter.

The glare from them is horrendous and so dazzling that it makes it very difficult to see anything. I did get some yellow goggles to wear over my glasses but it didn't seem to make that much difference.

I do wonder at what point this may become something that should be notifiable to the DVLA as having an impact on driving.

• Part of the problem, seems to be that we have stopped using those superb "cat's eyes" road edge markings like we used to have and which I missed so grievously as soon as I drove anywhere outside of this country.

Like our super reliable and durable style of electrical fittings, we seem to have now gone for the seemingly  inferior solutions adopted elsewhere... 

• Invented by a man with connections to Northern Ireland.

Reply Children
No Data