ASD & PRU’s

Hello I am new to this forum and would really benefit from some advice, I have a 14 year old daughter who as been sexually assaulted twice once in school and another serious event out of school, by two boys who targeted her. The story is long and complicated however she has been out of school generally for the last two years, she has been so let down by the school system apart from one Senco who detected my daughter was ASD and has started the referral process, she could not cope in school and ultimately she was was not safe either, she has been classed missing in education as she has been off rolled and now the LA want to place her in a PRU! I don’t feel this is the the right place for her but there does not seem to be much of an option, what can I do to protect to my child

Parents
  • if the LA is set on a PRU and you disagree you could ask for a ECHP and chalenge it in tribunal if they say no or if the ECHP indicates a PRU. Also off roling may amount to discrimination which can be chalenged in tribunal. We are not lawyers, indeed the special educational needs tribunal is suposed to be accessable without lawyers, but it seems to me if the LA is not willing to negotiate the only remaining levers you have are legal action related which is beyond the remit this forum allows (in terms of advice).

• Definitely get legal advice. It is amazing how previously closed doors open on receipt of a "letter before action"

Reply Children
No Data