Can a none autistic parent have an autistic child?

Is it possible that for none autistic parents have an autistic child?

so if parents and grandparents don’t have autism is it possible for the kid to have it? I’m only asking cos there’s a lot of discussion on ahem (Tiktok) highlighting autism is genetic (correct) but what is also being shown is that parents of autistic children are also autistic but in denial and a lot of the family members actually have traits… soo that leads to my question of can a child have autism when no one in the family even has traits of it?? 

Parents
  • Third generation my grandad was autistic but was 94 when died people just thought he was old fashioned and awkward. I was similar as a child lacked concentration on thinks I didn't like perfection, awkward liked enclosed spaces and being under water likes music but only with head phones on had friends but as I got older I changed to fit in acted how they wanted me to act in my head it was like a puzzle as i got older and more responsibility I struggled more with burnout and going places my son is diagnosed and I am in the final process of getting mine. I think it runs in my mum's side 

• Third generation my grandad was autistic but was 94 when died people just thought he was old fashioned and awkward. I was similar as a child lacked concentration on thinks I didn't like perfection, awkward liked enclosed spaces and being under water likes music but only with head phones on had friends but as I got older I changed to fit in acted how they wanted me to act in my head it was like a puzzle as i got older and more responsibility I struggled more with burnout and going places my son is diagnosed and I am in the final process of getting mine. I think it runs in my mum's side 

Children
No Data