What happens in an adult autism assessment?

Hello,

I have booked for a referal for an adult autism assessment on the 25th of January this year.

If I do get the referal, I would like to prepare myself.

What happens during an adult autism assessment?

In regards to things I will be asked to do, or things that I will be asked to tell them.

Thank-you,

Jayde.

Parents
  • I found the assessment to be not as sceary as I thought, and as I talk a lot when I open up or an nurvous, they didn't need t do such a long assssment as they do with people that can be harder to get information from them.  I had in the four and a half years of being on the waiting list been thinking a lot about past experiences, so it was easier for me to recall events. I alsp have a very visual mind so I can recall past events in relevent detail in film-like form which helps me describe my childhood years, as I have memories of when I was a few months old onwards, though my mind only captures brief glimpses if they seem significently relevent for some reason... But the length of the assessment itself varies from.person to person and rarely is an assessment done in a day! Is usually several appointments (These days half is done online as a video call thingie which they helped me get working on the actual meeting part of the appointment where one takes someone that knows you when you were young (I took my Mum), so the actual meeting in person was just a few hours asking questions. Nothing sceary and nothing one needs to revise for).

• I found the assessment to be not as sceary as I thought, and as I talk a lot when I open up or an nurvous, they didn't need t do such a long assssment as they do with people that can be harder to get information from them.  I had in the four and a half years of being on the waiting list been thinking a lot about past experiences, so it was easier for me to recall events. I alsp have a very visual mind so I can recall past events in relevent detail in film-like form which helps me describe my childhood years, as I have memories of when I was a few months old onwards, though my mind only captures brief glimpses if they seem significently relevent for some reason... But the length of the assessment itself varies from.person to person and rarely is an assessment done in a day! Is usually several appointments (These days half is done online as a video call thingie which they helped me get working on the actual meeting part of the appointment where one takes someone that knows you when you were young (I took my Mum), so the actual meeting in person was just a few hours asking questions. Nothing sceary and nothing one needs to revise for).

Children
No Data