What to include for pip reconsideration??

I got refused pip and given a grand total of 2 points! I figured they would screw me over but shocked that they completely ignored my autism report which clearly detailed issues I have let alone contemplate points for food issues I have with my IBS or my anxiety. They literally wrote the opposite of what the report says! Depressing though it is I'll ask for mandatory reconsideration but what should I include? I didn't get a doctors letter as I'm new to the surgery and don't go that much but got an appointment next week. I tried calling dwp for my assessment getting sent out but systems are down at the moment. What annoys me most is I got a paper assessment, how on earth can they score 2 points without asking me anything and ignoring what I wrote and the assessment I included??

Parents
  • That's parr for the course in their approach it seems.  They are employed to prevent people getting it I think.  I also hear from some professionals that they just don't understand autism very well.

I'm going through this now as it happens. Zero points on 1st application even though they had a door stop high pile of evidence.  Went up to three points on mandatory consideration.  It will now have to go to tribunal.

The advice is to get the Citizen's Advice in to help you. They do have experts on this who can help you, represent you if it has to go to tribunal.

Describe everything on your WORST day. 

In your reconsider make plain it is made because you do not feel that they have adequately considered or understood whichever aspects you thought ought to have more points.

DO gather more evidence from professionals if you can and submit that.

Good luck

• Thats so true, you can have lots of evidence but it boils down to the wording used.

Reply Children
No Data