Accents

I grew up in a fairly rough part of Glasgow and went to school with people with very thick working class Glaswegian accents, but everyone always described me as "posh". I even remember a local shopkeeper asking my mum where I was from once. I never understood how I ended up with a different accent. But it occurred to me recently that I have three cousins who are siblings and two of them have very rough accents but one sounds an awful lot like me. You wouldn't believe she was related to her siblings.

Is this an autistic thing? Or is my accent just a freak of nature?

Parents
  • Mine's a default classic Cary Grant "mid Atlantic" accent but I also mimic as a form of social self defense. It is a form of masking I am somewhat skilled at. 

• Joan Collins has this mid-Atlantic accent too - but I love the really SE England “posh” accent, it’s so classy - even though she’s from Melbourne in Australia and has lived in Paris, Kylie Minogue (worship) has this really classy English accent 

• Joan Collins has this mid-Atlantic accent too - but I love the really SE England “posh” accent, it’s so classy - even though she’s from Melbourne in Australia and has lived in Paris, Kylie Minogue (worship) has this really classy English accent 

Children