Accents

I grew up in a fairly rough part of Glasgow and went to school with people with very thick working class Glaswegian accents, but everyone always described me as "posh". I even remember a local shopkeeper asking my mum where I was from once. I never understood how I ended up with a different accent. But it occurred to me recently that I have three cousins who are siblings and two of them have very rough accents but one sounds an awful lot like me. You wouldn't believe she was related to her siblings.

Is this an autistic thing? Or is my accent just a freak of nature?

Parents
  • Based on my own and everyone else's experience I would say it's definitely an autism thing Blush 

Technically I should have an Irish accent buuttt I tend to switch too others depending who I've seen on tv or in movies lol Sweat smile 

I've been talking with an Australian accent for the last 2 months just B cause Joy if I hear a voice that's different I like to use it as well. And if I see how someone walks and acts differently I'll try to mimic that 2

• Based on my own and everyone else's experience I would say it's definitely an autism thing Blush 

Technically I should have an Irish accent buuttt I tend to switch too others depending who I've seen on tv or in movies lol Sweat smile 

I've been talking with an Australian accent for the last 2 months just B cause Joy if I hear a voice that's different I like to use it as well. And if I see how someone walks and acts differently I'll try to mimic that 2

Children