Accents

I grew up in a fairly rough part of Glasgow and went to school with people with very thick working class Glaswegian accents, but everyone always described me as "posh". I even remember a local shopkeeper asking my mum where I was from once. I never understood how I ended up with a different accent. But it occurred to me recently that I have three cousins who are siblings and two of them have very rough accents but one sounds an awful lot like me. You wouldn't believe she was related to her siblings.

Is this an autistic thing? Or is my accent just a freak of nature?

Parents
  • Whenever I was a kid, my Teachers thought I was English; accent I picked up from TV.

Now I have a, relatively, colloquial accent. But love doing other accents. I have imaginary sketches in my head, based on experiences of other accents. My favourite is the Canadian Accent.

• Whenever I was a kid, my Teachers thought I was English; accent I picked up from TV.

Now I have a, relatively, colloquial accent. But love doing other accents. I have imaginary sketches in my head, based on experiences of other accents. My favourite is the Canadian Accent.

Children
No Data