Do autistic people get screwed over at work more?

Do autistic people get screwed over at work more or is it just me? Most jobs I have had I get taken advantage of or treated worse, with less respect, than other collegues by the people I work for. My most recent job I have been borderline defrauded. Two of my three previous ones I had to go to ACAS. 

I'm quite a worldly wise person and certainly not naïve but yet I always get treated as if I am a naïve mug who doesn't know what's what.

I'm not saying all this cos I feel sorry for myself, I just want to know if this is a common autistic experience in the workplace or whether it's just me?

Parents
  • Unfortunately this has been my own experience as well. Most autistic people are very honest and trusting and this is frequently used against us, especially in the workplace, which is such a shame. I worked in a clothing shop, a supermarket and also an IT firm but I was used and mistreated in every place.

I now fix and restore classic cars from home and this is working much better for me. It allows me to do something I love, spend time with my wife and daughter, and there's no one to use and mistreat me. It really is the best of both worlds for me.

• I now fix and restore classic cars from home and this is working much better for me. It allows me to do something I love, spend time with my wife and daughter, and there's no one to use and mistreat me. It really is the best of both worlds for me

That's exactly the sort of thing I want to do with my writing 

• I now fix and restore classic cars from home and this is working much better for me. It allows me to do something I love, spend time with my wife and daughter, and there's no one to use and mistreat me. It really is the best of both worlds for me

That's exactly the sort of thing I want to do with my writing 

Children
No Data