Do autistic people get screwed over at work more?

Do autistic people get screwed over at work more or is it just me? Most jobs I have had I get taken advantage of or treated worse, with less respect, than other collegues by the people I work for. My most recent job I have been borderline defrauded. Two of my three previous ones I had to go to ACAS. 

I'm quite a worldly wise person and certainly not naïve but yet I always get treated as if I am a naïve mug who doesn't know what's what.

I'm not saying all this cos I feel sorry for myself, I just want to know if this is a common autistic experience in the workplace or whether it's just me?

Parents
  • I have found it very interesting and comforting reading through all these replies. I am very sad to hear all your experiences but comforted to know how many of us are in the same boat if that makes sense.

Another thing I often feel is that everyone else stands up for themselves at work and is respected and treated well for it but when I stand up for myself (even after dealing with a lot more cr*p than most people would) I get treated like a troublemaker. Does anyone else find this too?

• Oh yes! And not just confined to the workplace. Seems there are rules for everyone, but extra rules for me that no one else ia expected to do! When others complain it is a complaint bur when I complain it is classed as moaning and is ignored! 

Not saying it is always the case as sometimes there are decent people...  

• Oh yes! And not just confined to the workplace. Seems there are rules for everyone, but extra rules for me that no one else ia expected to do! When others complain it is a complaint bur when I complain it is classed as moaning and is ignored! 

Not saying it is always the case as sometimes there are decent people...  

Children