Do autistic people get screwed over at work more?

Do autistic people get screwed over at work more or is it just me? Most jobs I have had I get taken advantage of or treated worse, with less respect, than other collegues by the people I work for. My most recent job I have been borderline defrauded. Two of my three previous ones I had to go to ACAS. 

I'm quite a worldly wise person and certainly not naïve but yet I always get treated as if I am a naïve mug who doesn't know what's what.

I'm not saying all this cos I feel sorry for myself, I just want to know if this is a common autistic experience in the workplace or whether it's just me?

Parents
  • I now realise how much people did manipulate me at work, I didn’t even realise it was happening. I now work alone but still occasionally have customers to deal with. I find people put their needs first, my well-being seems unimportant to them.

I know I have to work twice as hard to achieve anything, I tend to undercharge as I always think my work isn’t good enough, this causes customers to abuse that fact.

• I know I have to work twice as hard to achieve anything

This is the same for me as well. When your asd you got to work hard for everything really especially acceptance but so far I've been unsuccessful no 1 accepts that just use when they need me

I tend to undercharge as I always think my work isn’t good enough

So sorry to read this

Sorry your customers let you think this. Your work is good to, you are good enough too good for people.

I hope you see what a unique kind special person you are Blush 

• I know I have to work twice as hard to achieve anything

This is the same for me as well. When your asd you got to work hard for everything really especially acceptance but so far I've been unsuccessful no 1 accepts that just use when they need me

I tend to undercharge as I always think my work isn’t good enough

So sorry to read this

Sorry your customers let you think this. Your work is good to, you are good enough too good for people.

I hope you see what a unique kind special person you are Blush 

Children
No Data