Do autistic people get screwed over at work more?

Do autistic people get screwed over at work more or is it just me? Most jobs I have had I get taken advantage of or treated worse, with less respect, than other collegues by the people I work for. My most recent job I have been borderline defrauded. Two of my three previous ones I had to go to ACAS. 

I'm quite a worldly wise person and certainly not naïve but yet I always get treated as if I am a naïve mug who doesn't know what's what.

I'm not saying all this cos I feel sorry for myself, I just want to know if this is a common autistic experience in the workplace or whether it's just me?

Parents
  • Aww sorry this has been your experience. I haven't worked before but it sounds a bit of a lottery when it comes to autism

At school it's a crazy place. I feel like the black sheep and literally everyone ignores me and I hear a lot of talking about me behind my back

In the toilet last year I heard girls saying about the retard which is what I'm called.

Never understand name calling lolol it's such a waste of time and literally gains nothing at all

It sounds like in a way that's what working can be like. People judge and mock rather than taking the time to get to know you.

Its their loss Billy your worth more we all are Blush

• Aww sorry this has been your experience. I haven't worked before but it sounds a bit of a lottery when it comes to autism

At school it's a crazy place. I feel like the black sheep and literally everyone ignores me and I hear a lot of talking about me behind my back

In the toilet last year I heard girls saying about the retard which is what I'm called.

Never understand name calling lolol it's such a waste of time and literally gains nothing at all

It sounds like in a way that's what working can be like. People judge and mock rather than taking the time to get to know you.

Its their loss Billy your worth more we all are Blush

Children