Do autistic people get screwed over at work more?

Do autistic people get screwed over at work more or is it just me? Most jobs I have had I get taken advantage of or treated worse, with less respect, than other collegues by the people I work for. My most recent job I have been borderline defrauded. Two of my three previous ones I had to go to ACAS. 

I'm quite a worldly wise person and certainly not naïve but yet I always get treated as if I am a naïve mug who doesn't know what's what.

I'm not saying all this cos I feel sorry for myself, I just want to know if this is a common autistic experience in the workplace or whether it's just me?

Parents
  • This is an oft reported common autistic experience (being taken advantage of in the workplace)....many of the more learned and well read people will be able to supply facts, articles and explanations I'm sure.  Personally, I definitely suffered from this in the past, with a few fair minded and 'kind' individuals even confirming that this was 'my attraction' to them.  For a while thereafter, it seems I recoiled and went on the attack - or at least ensured that I wore a metaphorical ex plosive ve st to cause mutually assured destruction if it was 'tried' on me again.  It was.  B O O M.  As the saying goes....."Ain't nobody got time for dat she-heat!"

Now, I think I have finally found my sweet spot.  I'm more confident and experienced in my world.....but most importantly, careful.

I hope you are not feeling too brow beaten?  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...and hopefully makes us more successfully careful too?

• This is an oft reported common autistic experience (being taken advantage of in the workplace)....many of the more learned and well read people will be able to supply facts, articles and explanations I'm sure.  Personally, I definitely suffered from this in the past, with a few fair minded and 'kind' individuals even confirming that this was 'my attraction' to them.  For a while thereafter, it seems I recoiled and went on the attack - or at least ensured that I wore a metaphorical ex plosive ve st to cause mutually assured destruction if it was 'tried' on me again.  It was.  B O O M.  As the saying goes....."Ain't nobody got time for dat she-heat!"

Now, I think I have finally found my sweet spot.  I'm more confident and experienced in my world.....but most importantly, careful.

I hope you are not feeling too brow beaten?  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...and hopefully makes us more successfully careful too?

Children
No Data